Here are my suggestions:
- Brillat Savarin: A triple crème cheese (triple crème is always the way to go for quality and smoothness). It’s sweet and lactic, and amazing with honey. Reminiscent of Brie, but not as earthy. Camembert is also a beautiful replacement here.
- Aged Gouda: There are so many great options for aged Gouda. Find one that’s aged for longer than two years and you’ll have something that’s sweet like crème brule or flan: caramelly, sugary, and even a little crunchy.
- Roquefort Blue Cheese: Stingingly strong and salty, but if you find a nice one, the balance of these two traits can be incredibly harmonious and satisfying, especially after dinner. There’s nothing quite like a sharp, assertive blue to end a meal. If you experience it once, you’ll crave it like you do sugar at the end of a meal.
- I suggest putting out a variety of chips, crackers, nuts and accompaniments:
- Roasted Almonds
- Honey (For drizzling over the Brillat Savarin)
- Fig Spread (excellent on stronger cheeses)
- Dates (if you can find the coconut crusted ones, even better!)
To view each of Lolita’s Magical Holiday Dessert Soiree recipes, please click the links below: