I love swirling the two flavors together for a beautiful presentation and for a simple set up.
Store bought fondue mixtures/syrups are also acceptable, but if you don’t want to sacrifice quality, here are a couple of recipes to whet your whistle:
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Assortment of Caramel Dippers
In a small saucepan, on low heat, mix all ingredients. Turn heat up to medium until boiling, while stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil and thicken for about 5 minutes. Pour the content in your warm fondue pot.
Dark Chocolate Fondue
- ¾ cup Whipping cream
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp Vanilla, Kahlua, or liqueur of your choice
In a sauce pan over low heat, warm up the whipping cream. Be careful not to let it boil. Let the chocolate melt slowly while stirring constantly. Add the vanilla or liqueur of your choice. Pour the melted mixture into the fondue pot.
- Almost anything goes here, but here are a few things that are wonderful with either chocolate or caramel fondue.
- Fruit slices of any kind: Bananas, strawberries, melons, pineapple, apples, kiwi, you get the picture!
- Cake cut into bite sized pieces (I just try to buy good quality store bought pound cake, brownies, donut holes, etc.)
- Popcorn and Nuts (Not as easy to dip, but delish if you can do it!)
To view each of Lolita’s Magical Holiday Dessert Soiree recipes, please click the links below: