Adapted from Joy of Baking
- 5 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- PRE-MADE MINIATURE TART SHELLS
- HEAT oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor or the bowl of an electric mixer, place the cream cheese and process until smooth. Add the sugar and process until incorporated. Add the eggs and process until thoroughly combined. Add the lemon juice and zest and process until well blended and smooth.
- Using a tablespoon, I spooned the mixture into the individual tarts, filling to the top.
- I baked the mini tarts for about 10 minutes. The tarts are done when the filling is set. It took my oven about 10 minutes.
Let cool for about 15 minutes, then gently remove them from the pan. I sprayed the pan well so the tarts released very easily.
I like topping with homemade whipped cream.
To view each of Lolita’s Magical Holiday Dessert Soiree recipes, please click the links below: