Have you flipped into a pool or flopped onto a beach lately?
If not, it’s time to start considering a way to do so to help us beat this seemingly endless winter. So, vacation is clearly on the mind!
As the weather becomes more and more gorgeous, surrounded by sweet azaleas and newly blossomed green grass, feel it between your toes (with wine and food in your mouth) with outdoor entertaining at its best with my FUN acrylic tableware!!
Not only is it dishwasher safe, it is so festive and no need to decorate in any other way. Perfect for the pool, beach, and backyard, even in the kitchen it will liven up a rainy day. Get the whole collection!!
Pick a sunny day to celebrate the oncoming warm days. Or, if it happens to be raining on the day you picked, you can still celebrate in your kitchen!
Throw a casual get together with yummy appetizers, fresh decorations, and of course refreshing drinks! This party can be only your closest friends, or it can have a large guest list! It’s up to you!
Whether your party space is indoors or outdoors, decorate with some fresh flowers of your choice to further show that spring is in full bloom! Set flower arrangements on tables, around food… you name it!
Another nice way to embellish the “flower theme,” is to decorate with flower garland! You can either do it yourself or buy it! Here is a nice example:
It is really your choice on the type of serve ware you provide, but our Oops-A-Daisy tableware would be perfect for the occasion.
As far as food and drinks go, make sure there are fun appetizers and light refreshments so party-goers can stay cool during the first warm days they will be experiencing since last year, unless you live in Florida of course… but do not worry the following recipes will still have the same effect! Mangoes, limes, oranges, pineapples and strawberries are all in season during spring! Use those delicious fruits to your advantage and include them in your party appetizer and drink menu!
The directions for the following recipe can be found on chefinyou.com
- 1 large ripe yet firm mango
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced into small pieces
- 1 medium Jalapeno, seeded and diced into small pieces (if you can take the heat, add the seeds to the salsa)
- 1 small red onion, diced finely, about 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup depending on sharpness
- 1 -2 tbsp lemon/lime juice ( +/- depending on your taste )
- Salt to taste
- Little sugar to sprinkle if your mangoes are not sweet enough
- Few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- Few mint leaves (optional)
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
Spinach Strawberry Salad
The directions for the following recipe can be found on cedarcirclefarm.org
- 8 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, and lettuce; mixed, cleaned, and spin-dried)
- 8 T goat cheese crumbled
- 4-8 baby Portobello mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries leaned, capped and sliced thin
- 4 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
The directions for the following recipe can be found on food.com
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 large mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 green onions
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, filets cut into chunks
- ½ lb sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 8 oz of pineapple chunks
The directions for the following recipe can be found on glorioustreats.com
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Pineapple Upside-down Cake Cocktail
The directions for the following recipe can be found at allrecipes.com
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 1/3 cup vanilla flavored vodka
- 1 dash grenadine syrup
- 2 pineapple wedges
- 2 maraschino cherries
The directions for the following recipe can be found at wine.about.com
- 1 bottle of Rose Wine
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cups strawberry lemonade
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
A fun activity for the ladies might be to decorate your own pair of flip flops! Set out pairs of cheap flip flops, glitter, mini fake flowers, beads, and whatever you feel the ladies might want to wear on their feet!
Now, allow your party guests to sit back, relax and enjoy the springtime! P.S. Wearing flip-flops are a requirement!!